Therese Johaug was just nominated for Egebergs Ærespris which is a prize awarded to Norwegian athletes who excel in more than one sport, according to TV2 Norway’s ski expert Petter Skinstad.
No need to remind you how many medals she won in cross country skiing. But last year she also won the Norwegian national championship in track & field. In 10000m. Running in street shoes rather than spikes.
Now let the internet holywar begin regarding eligibility and/ or morality of the message here. Would be accurate to say that in Norway hardly anybody considers Johaug a conscious doper in her past – and the rest of the world can keep its opinions to itself.
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones