Fischer is about to roll out a new model of race skis called Speedmax Helium.
It will sit a notch above currently top-shelf Speedmax 3D.
The very word helium hints at some tinkering with trapped noble gas bubbles but we don’t know for sure so won’t speculate.
We won’t reveal what color palette the Austrians chose, we found it rather surprising – but that’s a matter of taste, clearly.
Our sources – multiple – expressed their concern at expected price sticker that would put Helium into unchartered uber-premium category. Having said that, here on Dailyskier.com we always argued for a need of uber-premium products that would attract attention of well-off customers the way Rolex watch attracts them.
It would be expected that selected few athletes would run on Heliums at the Beijing Olympics – the event is almost always serves as a showcase for latest technology in xcskiing.
We shall keep you updated on what new tech the brands are rolling out ahead of the Olympics. Stand with us.
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones
- Vyalbe reacts to news Bjørgen was suspected in doping