Thea Krokan Murud – about her ultra-long skiing gig on the weekend:
– There was two of us: my friend Julie Vollum Bø (Norway’s ex U23 champion in cycling and ultrarunner )
– No, were not trying to set a new world record, just wanted to go skiing for 24 hours.
– The loop was about 15 km, in Lillehammer.
– The food that works best is the food you really like, because you have to eat a lot – even when you don’t really want to. I used sports drinks, bars, homemade buns, chocolate, candy, Coke – everything I could’ve think of f with a lot of sugar in it.
– The important thing was to keep warm so my Swix Paragon jacket was a good choice – warm and comfortable.
-Feel good today, actually – it only hurts in elbows and ankles.
All photos are courtesy of @Theamurud Instagram
- Ustiugov deserves Olympic medal more than anybody else in cross-country skiing – as a compensation for the 2018 Olympics that never happened in his career – Markus Cramer
- Meet Dinigeer Yilamujiang, future star of xcskiing. She lit the flame of the Olympics today – and she will light up your hearts with her track performances very, very soon.
- Beijing Olympics ski tracks – what are they like? Tough with a capital T , says the man in the know
- Max Volkov: no other team in the world has as much high-tech equipment to improve quality of the training process as we do in Team China
- Goodbye, Dresden!