It sounds mind-blowing but bare two months ago even World Cup teams’ coaches – and reporters – did not know how Linn’s last name is spelled and, upon hearing it, were wondering if she’s related to Gunde Svan.
Fast forward to Febrauary and marvel along with us: Svahn who turned 20 only in December has already earned her place in history of skiing: three individual World Cup victories out of seven starts in total!
Curvy & fast track (Falun), altitude (Davos) or flat city (Dresden), skate or classic – seemingly makes no difference.
Linn is tactically savvy and probably has fastest finish in the world in 2020.
No other prodigy, not even Klaebo or Bolshunov had such a record at the their 20.
Add two golds Svahn already won this year in Team Sprint (together with Maja Dahlqvist ) to fully appreciate the extent of achievement of a skier from Östersund.
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- Vyalbe reacts to news Bjørgen was suspected in doping
- Tarjei Bø went to healer when he felt that doctors couldn’t cure him
- Zakopane cancels on junior skiers again, JWSC-2022 is looking for new home
- X Games come to rollerskiing