For the first time in 13 years Martin Johnsrud Sundby did not make the cut and is left outside the Team Norway squad, according to NRK.
That despite Johannes Klaebo going back to the Sprint group from the Distance one – the total number of male skiers in the national team is being cut from 15 to 12.
Sundby, the reigning world champion on 15k, did not have a single World Cup podium last year.
There is a little doubt though that the 35 year from Oslo Holmenkollen would be able to pay for his Oberstdorf-2021 preparations out of pocket, should he choose to do so: his latest tax declaration indicates an income of of some NOK 7.8 million for 2018.
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones