Have you seen how convincingly Maja Dahlqvist and Alexander Terentyev won their respective FIS World Cup races on Friday?
We don’t claim to know how they were preparing for them – for the lack of specific coaching knowledge, clearly.
What we do know however, is that both had their significant others present in Ruka, at the starting lane. And that’s a significant factor, we are sure.
There are no scientific studies,sadly, as to how the presence of your loved one affects one’s race performance – but we are convinced that it does, in the most positive way.
- Master of nebulas and galaxies: Francesco De Fabiani and his astrophotography
- Davos where top talent congregate this week
- Move over, NRK, SVT etc. – new broadcaster steps in
- Beijing Olympics ski tracks – what are they like? Tough with a capital T , says the man in the know
- Let’s talk about Zihi. Because their motto is Best training plan is one you can do – and we dig that attitude