Alex Bolshunov didn’t have a good training camp in Ramsau. We at Dailyskier.com adhere to a policy of not reporting on skiers’ health issues that we learned of until/ unless their teams decide to make them public.
On Saturday Bolshunov’s coach Yuri Borodavko did just that: the World Cup winner couldn’t train properly due to pain and fever caused by a dental cyst or an inflammation of tissue in the gum.
Bolshunov flew from Austria to Moscow where he was operated on Friday. On the photo above you see Bolshunov, his wife Anna and coaches Borodavko and Artyom Zhmurko discussing options while still in Ramsau
Team Russia head physician Roman Erlikhman told TASS news agency that surgery went well and Bolshunov’s participation in the first World Cup stage in Ruka is not under any question – but he may or may not miss , at least in part, the next training camp in Muonio, Finland
- First Time At Blink, Johannes Klaebo Puts On Display His Brutally Effective Downhill Technique
- Fossesholm Is True Star-In-Making. Why Is She Allowed To Put Her Life At Risk?
- At Least One Rollerski Maker Is Willing To Answer Most Indecent Question In Industry!
- Keep On Waxing, Bro – Fluoroban Delayed!
- Top Swedish Skiers Hold Impromptu Races