Izabela Marcisz 🇵🇱 suffered a seriously nasty injury at the training camp in Slovakia and was flown to Krakow to undergo an urgent facial surgery, Sport.pl reports.
Marcisz, 21, fell on her face on rollerskis, suffered bad concusion and lost several teeth.
The reigning World U23 champion in 10k is widely seen as a successor to Justyna Kowalczyk and is coached/ consulted by the double Olympic champion.
Pictured: Izabela Marcisz at the World Championships in Oberstdorf in March 2021
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones