There is no mistake in title: a 24 year old Russian retains his World Cup winner title season.
After his double victories in Falun, Bolshunov currently has 1613 points. The only skier who could have – very theoretically – overtaken him is fellow Russian Ivan Yakimushkin, but on Friday it was announced that Yakimushkin is skipping Ulricehamn stage to better prepare for the World Championships in Oberstdorf.
Clearly, the decision of the Norwegian ski federation to abstain from many World Cup stages played the role. Having said that, Bolshunov looks almost unstoppable this season in any distance race and more than confident in sprints.
Congratulations, Alexander – great skiing, weird season or not!
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium