Sergei Ustiugov appeals to his fans via Instagram, telling them that he had a severe case of Covid-19 that stopped him from competing and even training in last few weeks.
In the post to his 84000 followers on the social network, the 28 year old ex-world champion says he fell ill in late October in Val Senales, Italy, and hasn’t been able to restart proper training ever since as ” body refused to adequately perceive the load and and each time I fell into a hole”
The Russian wraps up by saying that he feels better now, undergone an extensive screening and is slowly starting to exercise properly, hoping to rejoin the team “soon”.
- Yulia Stupak : childbirth gave me extra psychological stability and confidence . Including for photos in bikini on Instagram
- Federico Pellegrino: Why I Chose To Train With Russians
- Pellegrino, De Fabiani To Train With Cramer At Team Russia
- Ustiugov deserves Olympic medal more than anybody else in cross-country skiing – as a compensation for the 2018 Olympics that never happened in his career – Markus Cramer
- Yulia Stupak: There are girls on World Cup circuit who always hit you poles, always aggressive