“… As it stands, we can not guarwntre an infection-free path to and from Davos or Dresden. If things go wrong, the disease can have potentially serious consequences for the person infected. None of us involved are willing to take that risk”
That’s Per Andersson, Team Sweden head doctor.
The day after the Norwegians have announced their decision to skip Davos and Dresden stages of the FIS World Cup, the Swedes are following the suit.
Unlike their neighbours, Sweden hasn’t yet decided on participation in Tour de Ski in January.
With Swedish women so dominant in sprints this year Davos and, especially, Dresden would lose a quite a bit of its appeal to fans, alas
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones