Norwegian ski association won’t send its teams for the races in the next few weeks. That means that the FIS World Cup races in Davos , Dresden and the entire Tour de Ski shall take place without the strongest team participating.
Says team manager Espen Bjervig:
“In addition to the risk of traveling, we have experienced that keeping a distance and avoiding close contact in the World Cup arena is more demanding than we first assumed. Endurance athletes have their lungs as a tool, and we do not know the after-effects of Covid-19. Therefore, we must take precautions”
Interestingly, the British national team , that is more or less permanently based in Norway and is coached by the Norwegians Jostein Vinjerui and Hans Kristian Stadheim are on their way to Davos.
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones