Norwegian ski association won’t send its teams for the races in the next few weeks. That means that the FIS World Cup races in Davos , Dresden and the entire Tour de Ski shall take place without the strongest team participating.
Says team manager Espen Bjervig:
“In addition to the risk of traveling, we have experienced that keeping a distance and avoiding close contact in the World Cup arena is more demanding than we first assumed. Endurance athletes have their lungs as a tool, and we do not know the after-effects of Covid-19. Therefore, we must take precautions”
Interestingly, the British national team , that is more or less permanently based in Norway and is coached by the Norwegians Jostein Vinjerui and Hans Kristian Stadheim are on their way to Davos.
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- Vyalbe reacts to news Bjørgen was suspected in doping
- Tarjei Bø went to healer when he felt that doctors couldn’t cure him
- Zakopane cancels on junior skiers again, JWSC-2022 is looking for new home
- Teresa Stadlober Might Join Team Russia