They’ve tried hard, valiantly. But at the end they had to give up.
Late on Thursday the Norwegian Ski Association, a formal organizer of the Lillehammer FIS World Cup races, had to throw in a towel: not this crazy year, not with the current restrictions in place.
The press release is talking about ” postponing the event ” but there are no gaps in schedule – unless someone else cancels, that is.
It would appear that after the opener in Ruka, Finland the planet’s best skiers will reconvene in Davos two weeks later, on December 12-13. Quite unprecedented gap in pre-Christmas competitions but the Year of COVID keeps on changing all the established notions.
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones