Unpack your HFs:
FIS has caved in to pressure and has decided to delay the introduction of blanket” fluoroban” in international competitions, YLE reports quoting Martin Norrgård, Team Finland chief waxing specialist. The ban will be postponed for a year and the decision made public on the FIS Council meeting on October 9th.
The Dailyskier.com sources confirm that information with a correction that ” one year extension is not final – the technology to test for possible cheating is simply not there yet and who knows how long it would take to develop that to workable level!”.
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones