…that day in 2017 when we somehow missed Charlotte Kalla on the ski tracks and had to chase then-double Olympic champion through half of Davos to take pictures – any pictures of her 😬🤫.
Not sure why Charlotte, one the biggest stars on the circuit , was not chaperoned/ driven as per usual by some team staff member and chaos to run to her hotel instead.
It must have been a show: a trim & fit skier running along the streers closely followed by a pitch-black SUV with two rather burly looking bearded men with large cameras. Even seen-it-all locals ( we are in Davos, Switzerland, remember?) were looking with some interest. Must have thought a scene from James Bond 007 is being filmed or something.
At the end even Charlotte’s fast pace was no match for a 300HP-strong motor revved by very determined photogs. Belated sorry if we scared you back then, Ms. Kalla! At least we have a memory to share now!
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones