Jessica Löschke injured her leg badly in training accident in Oberwiesenthal, the local media reports.
A German Junior Team member’s pole snapped while bounding with a broken tip piercing the flesh so deep that local paramedics couldn’t remove it.
Löschke, 20, had to be airlifted to the clinic in Dresden where trauma specialists performed an emergency surgery.
” Jessica was very lucky – neither key blood vessels, nor nerves were damaged ” team doctor Tom Kastner told German media.
Löschke is one of the big up & coming talents in the German team – even if the Juniors’ World at home in Oberwiesenthal didn’t exactly go her way this March. Wish Jessica a speedy recovery and comeback to the tracks!
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones