Jessica Löschke injured her leg badly in training accident in Oberwiesenthal, the local media reports.
A German Junior Team member’s pole snapped while bounding with a broken tip piercing the flesh so deep that local paramedics couldn’t remove it.
Löschke, 20, had to be airlifted to the clinic in Dresden where trauma specialists performed an emergency surgery.
” Jessica was very lucky – neither key blood vessels, nor nerves were damaged ” team doctor Tom Kastner told German media.
Löschke is one of the big up & coming talents in the German team – even if the Juniors’ World at home in Oberwiesenthal didn’t exactly go her way this March. Wish Jessica a speedy recovery and comeback to the tracks!
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- Vyalbe reacts to news Bjørgen was suspected in doping
- Tarjei Bø went to healer when he felt that doctors couldn’t cure him
- Zakopane cancels on junior skiers again, JWSC-2022 is looking for new home
- X Games come to rollerskiing