Marcialonga 2020 and Vasalopppet 2019 winner Tore Bjørseth Berdal has just announced his retirement from competitive skiing.
“The time has come to hang my skis, finish my studies and start a new job” a 32 year old leader of Team Koteng says on Instagram
Berdal is not just a very good skier – he’s a soul of Team Koteng (previously known as Team United Bakeries) and the whole of the Visma Ski Classics series. Remember that old “Women love him, men want to be him ” line? Might as well have been said about Tore!
…His retirement comes just days after another long distance skiing maverick, old-world champion and Marchialonga 2017 winner Tord Asle Gjerdalen from Team Ragde announced his.
Thanks a million for all the great moments on ski tracks, gentlemen – we are going to miss you!
- Bolshunov does not do any snow-skiing till November. We asked his coach why
- FIS unveils rules for first-ever Mixed Team Sprint – they are fascinating
- Northug, brand with character that looks like winner
- Team China coach: our skiers might deliver surprise at home Olympics
- Innovations in xcskiing worth considering? Learn from Blink!