The Russians have just announced their national team selection for 2020/21.
-It’s one skier smaller in total numbers compared to the last season yet remains by far the world’s largest: 39 athletes in total. Wow!
-The unique structure of independently operating inner groups remain: those under Yuri Borodavko (10 skiers ) and Markus Cramer (9) have both men and women, the one under Oleg Perevozchikov is men-only. Egor Sorin’s group is considered equal in status, but is composed primarily of U23 skiers of both sexes with two exceptions.
Get used to two new names: Yulia Stupak and Anastasia Kuleshova. Those are Yulia Belorukova and Anastasia Sedova who both are back to the squad after their maternity leaves ( and changing their surnames to those of their husbands ). Ditto for another new mom, Tatyana Sorina (Aleshina), Egor Sorin’s wife. Elena Ustiugova (Soboleva) didn’t make a selection.
Yana Kirpichenko and bronze medalist of the 2018 Olympics Anna Nechaevskaya were also not included.
Only two skiers: Alexander Bessmertnykh (1986) and Andrei Larkov (1989) are born in the 1980s. The top-level skiing does keep on getting younger.
- Squires, Team Russia Know-How
- BMW Cars Fit My Character – Daring And Always Want To Be First
- Belorukova On Altercation With Karlsson: I Do Not Regret What I Did – One Can Not Behave Way She Did In Race
- Markus Cramer Explains What Russian Skiers Got To Know By Working With Him – And What He Learned From Them
- Skiers, July Shirtless Edition