With season’s abrupt early end Norwegian skiers have a lot of capacity left, clearly.
Some of them are now engaged in what looks like Citius, Altius, Fortius competition.
Or, at least, Amplius or ” longer”.
Enter Joar Thele.
Thele, 26, runs for Team Ragde Eiendom and twice finished 11th in Vasaloppet – in 2019 and 2020.
The 204k sessoon his Lyn clubmate and world champion in 50k Hans Christer Holund clocked last weekend, clearly felt somewhat underwhelming for a long distance pro.
So he did 321.
That’s three hundred twenty one – read it slowly.
In 18 hours, with elevation gain of some 3000m at the pace most of us would consider to be competition-worth 😱
You think that’s impressive? Wait till you learn who was Thele’s company on mind-boggling 321k track.
Anders Aukland – captain and embodiment spirit of Team Ragd! Can’t but say it – Anders is turning 48 in September.
Aukland also put his Strava track on Instagram and contains additional info we, frankly, did not think even possible. Unless you’re Anders Auklund, clearly: calories burned – 16000.
- This Was Harder Than Your Usual Effort: Hans Christer Holund Does 204 Kilometers Training Session
- Beijing Olympics ski tracks – what are they like? Tough with a capital T , says the man in the know
- Master of nebulas and galaxies: Francesco De Fabiani and his astrophotography
- Let’s talk about Zihi. Because their motto is Best training plan is one you can do – and we dig that attitude
- Davos where top talent congregate this week