It might be a wild speculation at this point in time – but we saw what we saw:
While the whole Norwegian Male team traditionally comes to high-altitude Davos at the last moment, an appearance of one its leaders on the stadium caused a minor sensation on Friday.
It soon became apparent that Finn Haagen Krogh came to act throughout the whole training session today as a coach or, as some call it, a squire.
As our photos would tell you, it’s not like Krogh is supervising some newbies – it’s the reigning World champion and the bronze medalist we’re talking here!
“Coach who runs” is a very effective method, it seems. Jostein Vinjerui and Hans Kristian Stadheim turned the Brirish team around in a couple of years, Ola Vigen Hattestad works effectively with the Slovenians and the Russians have several recently retired team members employed in that capacity.
Time has come for the mighty Norwegian team to try that ultra-modern recipe?
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?
- Rumor Mill: Fischer Speedmax Helium
- IOC recommends ignoring testosterone levels in female athletes. It is relevant- xcskiers often have very high ones