Bronze medalist of Seefeld’19 Anastasia Sedova will skip the upcoming season.
The boss of the Russian cross country skiing Elena Vyalbe has (reluctantly) confirmed the news when asked whether there is any truth in rumours that Sedova is pregnant.
Sedova,24, joins a fellow Seefeld medal winner Yulia Belorukova as well as two other Team Russia skiers, Elena Soboleva-Ustigova (wife of Sergei Ustiugov) and Tatyana Aleshina, who are all expecting.
It’s doubtful that any team in the history of cross country skiing ever had four of its athletes out through pregnancy.
- Master of nebulas and galaxies: Francesco De Fabiani and his astrophotography
- You know who won in Ruka today. Now meet their significant others
- White Snow Movie: World’s First Biopic About Star Of XCSkiing Is Almost Complete
- Beijing Olympics ski tracks – what are they like? Tough with a capital T , says the man in the know
- Let’s talk about Zihi. Because their motto is Best training plan is one you can do – and we dig that attitude