Traditionalists would shake their heads. Purists gonna scowl.
But the shortest skiing distance competition is here and it now has its own series.
The race in Swedish Östersund on Saturday kicks off the World Sprint Series by the end of which next April the planet will know the name of its fastest skier on a 100 meter supersprint.
..we sit at the race office of possibly the world’s swankiest ski & biathlon stadium with the event organizer Ante Andersson. Totally rebuilt for this year’s IBU Biathlon Championships, Östersund Skidstadion is to host the first ever ” official ” supersrint on Saturday
– Two years ago we got together and said “Let’s create something that would be exciting to watch on the stadium, be interesting for television and give a chance to skiers to show their sprint skills – and earn some money in process, why not?”
– Total prize pot for Östersund Supersprint is 20000 euros of which winners in female/ Male category get 2000 each, 2d placed -1500 and so on.
– Swedish SVT and Norwegian NRK secured the rights to broadcast the race.
– Östersund has world-class ski and biathlon facilities and every competition serves as a region’s promotion. Both the authorities and local businesses are well aware of that and help, support and sponsor the event we organize. Of course, Supersprint Series is not a solo event- it’s a part of the whole ski week we organize here, mostly for young athletes.
– It’s just the beginning. We are aware that some skiers and coaches are sceptical about 100m races, but others – and it’s not just Klaebo – are totally positive. And yes, young skiers are much more enthusiastic than older ones – young people like things new, it’s to be expected.
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- Bookies View On World Cup 2020/21
- Team Jobstation Project Collapses, Morten Eide Pedersen Losing His 2d Team Within Few Months
- Is It Worth Continue Having Identical Gear In Rollerski Races?
- Wealthy, Happy And Skiing. Make Sure Your Politicians Are Aware Of That Connection