…“We would only have a few minutes to say hello and for a few basic questions”, messages the man who runs Salomon Nordic when we agree to meet at Atomic/ Amer Sports factory in Altenmarkt in Pongau where the French company produces its cross country skis.
….After an hour of ( very intense) conversation that covers just about every aspect of Salomon business in & around skiing , the conversation that several other staffers, responsible for race skis eventially join in, Nicolas Stamos finally says that the meeting he was actually coming for can’t be delayed no more…
Which is a massive pity – what Stamos & his team have managed to achieve in the last decade is nothing short of fascinating.
But now everything makes perfect sense: they are the people who are really passionate about what they are doing – and it shows.
….Like most unscripted conversations, our interview lacks somewhat in smoothness – which is compensated by sheer amount of info Nicolas provides.
Here it is, illustrated with our photos of ski production – and some of the Salomon’s best athletes using them.
- US Skiers Share Their Takes On Ongoing
- Davos where top talent congregate this week
- Tatyana Sorina , about her unique experience: For some our way of doing things would work, for the others absolutely not!
- Natalia Nepryaeva: I Don’t Do Screaming, Shouting Or Public Breaking Of Poles
- Markus Cramer: It’s Time For Change At FIS , Especially Way It Handles International Competitions