Some 14 months after purchasing One Way back in May 2018, Fischer Sports have appointed a new manager for the brand.
Severin Lehner is a long-time Fischer Sports employee but his background appears to be fully in Alpine rather than cross country skiing. Whether it indicates any change of strategy or will OW continue to be producing stuff primarily for “skinny skiing” shall be seen.
What’s clear, however, is that Fischer Sports, the world’s biggest xcski equipment producer and one of the biggest overall in winter sports, has decided to keep One Way separate rather than amalgamating it into its own brand.
Many a star who used to run with SLG 10 poles have continued to do so after the ownership change last year – although there were some who switched to new sponsors.
OW’s 2019 stars include
One Way was launched back in 2004 by mercurial Andreas Bennert. It quickly rose to prominence with the first Olympic gold won with OW sticks already in Turin’06. In 2018, however, the Finnish company filed for bankruptcy with the brand eventually bought by the Austrian winter sport giant.
picture of Severin Lehner courtesy of Fischer Sports
- Here Comes 4KAAD – Andreas Bennert Talks About His New Project
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Alpina Starts Offering Top Rollerski Boots For Sale
- Somebody Is Selling Brand New Adidas Boots …From Mid-1980s on EBay
- New Rossignol X-IUM Carbon Premium Boots Spotted Testing