Remember the Summerski Project, a valiant effort by Lars Englund from Bollnäs, Sweden to develop & promote plastic surface that feels exactly like snow?
It’s moving forward – here you see the first Summerski track taking shape:
Mr. Englund and his partner & adviser in the project, none else but all-time-great Thomas Wassberg ( yes, the Olympic champion of Lace Placid, Sarajevo and Calgary) hope to have the track finished early summer and already plan the first competition, scheduled for late August.
Interested? You should be, especially if you are a big city dweller – that plastic-that-feels-like-snow surface potentially gives you a rare chance to take your fancy planks out not one or two months a year, but any time you wish, not Mother Nature.
But in this case there is more: you have a rare chance to actually contribute to developing something new & exciting- here’s a message from Lars:
– I am looking for a person who wants to help build the Summerski track in exchange for a place to stay and access to training facilities. I offer 2 meals a day ( breakfast and lunch) and a room in the hotel if one agrees to work 4 hours a day!
You could reach Lars via his FB page https://www.facebook.com/lats.englund
Images courtesy of Speedface AB / Summerski
- Magic Plastic Carpet Instead Of Snow. Take Two
- Northug’s Top Moments ( Arbitrary Chosen By Us)
- Love Thy Fan
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Alpina Starts Offering Top Rollerski Boots For Sale