From 2021 Holmenkollen 30/50k race, the only long-distance competition on the World Cup roster, is going back to being an individual start race.
It was that in the past but since 2009 it’s a mass start, alternating between classic and freestyle.
Let us guess: ski purists will love it, less discerning/younger crowd – not so much. TV bosses – even less so.
Pictured: start of 30k C at Holmenkollen-2019
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- Vyalbe reacts to news Bjørgen was suspected in doping
- Tarjei Bø went to healer when he felt that doctors couldn’t cure him
- Zakopane cancels on junior skiers again, JWSC-2022 is looking for new home
- X Games come to rollerskiing