It took a while, but vehicle manufacturers and dealers have figured one important thing out finally:
If you want to stress how powerful, sleek, efficient and downright sexy the car you are trying to sell is – get a cross skier to promote it.
Double so if the skier is a she.
We have no access to the data showing how that association works for marketing & promotion – but it got to be working since more and more Olympians take to Instagram to display their latest best friend ( to quote Petra Novakova presenting her new Mazda)
Lady-skiers are far more imaginative with their cars – just you look at that car art on some of them.
And can’t help but noticing: either car companies prefer sprinters to distance runners, or distance runners are less prone to showing their iron horses.
Yulia Belorukova & her Toyota C-HR
Maiken C. Falla & Kia Sportage
Stina Stina Nilsson & her VW Tiguan
Petra Nováková and her Mazda CX-3
Heidi Weng and her Volvo XC60 ( and her built-on-spec houыe, Weng Huset too)
- Best Young Russian Skiers in Atomic/Salomon Photoshoot
- Gloves Are For Losers: Brits On Cutting Edge Of Science
- Sponsors Seriously Pimped Skiers’ Rides Recently
- Fossesholm Is True Star-In-Making. Why Is She Allowed To Put Her Life At Risk?
- Skiing Together. Christmas – Inspired Story Of Couples in Our Sport