Never before in the history of cross country skiing as organized sport did the youth perform so well at the major competitions.
In ladies’ skiing the ratio of youngsters on the podiums is not as overwhelming but is also more than convincing:
With coaches & specialists are still being busy at the Olympics, we don’t have any authoritative explanation for this “youth pedestal invasion”: why now, why in Pyeonchang, why youth seems to be blooming early in three countries only – Norway, Sweden and Russia?
We shall ask those questions when opportunity presents itself and, of course, share with you here.
- Bolshunov will need at least 10 days to fully recover due to dental problems
- Bolshunov does not do any snow-skiing till November. We asked his coach why
- How much Klaebo earns – and what others could learn from him
- Olli Ohtonen, Iivo Niskanen’s Coach, On Modern Training Methods Of Top Athletes
- Daily Skier At Oberstdorf 2021: Women 10k F In Pictures That Say It All