Some pictures are more memorable that the others.
It feels like yesterday but, in fact, it is exactly five years today since Vibeke Skofterud and Kristin Størmer Steira lit up the Internet with their famous snap
— vibeke Skofterud (@VibekeSkofterud) October 23, 2012
Back then some even summoned enough concentration to peel their eyes off the duo of the Norwegian Olympic champions to read what it was all about – to discover that it was regarding being #100%REN or 100% doping-free.
– “This is a creative way to show what we stand for. We were having a little fun to put on memory….This might be a little above the limit, but people must be able to accept”, said Steira to VG.no at the time
Since we are on the subject: in 2005 Vibeke Skofterud turned down an offer to appear in the Norwegian edition of the men’s magazine FHM. They say the rejection had happened in no small measure due to pressure from the Norwegian skiing federation.
We totally miss you on the circuit, Ms Skofterud and Ms Steira!
Top photo courtesy of Vibeke Skofterud Twitter
- Lifting Shroud: What Do They Really Have Under Their Racing Suits?
- Skier’s Cat With Its Own Instagram Account
- C8 fluoro waxes would be legal in Beijing – unlike in Europe. But there is no point in using them, says leading coach on the ground in China
- Planica gets cancelled too. Time to talk changes?
- Les Rousses World Cup stage cancelled – organisers admit it could have been held, but …too much trouble. And who are we to blame them?